Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
katie78

Reply with quote  #1 
does anyone else write this? just modern commercial literary/general/women's fiction. book club stuff. no vampires, murderers, space aliens, cowboys, bodice rippers, etc. just regular people facing real life struggles- writers like julia glass, wally lamb, sue miller, michael cunningham, jennifer egan, ann packer, jennifer haigh, barbara kingsolver, j courtney sullivan, jonathan franzen...?

Reply with quote  #2 
As a rule I tend to lean a little toward spec-fic, but several of the short stories that I've written are contemporary.
Lithakate

Reply with quote  #3 
For me it's crime/mystery, Sci-Fi, Fantasy - all under the YA banner. On my blog, I write for various flash fiction prompts and that could be anything from comedy to horror (mild) to romance.

Reply with quote  #4 
I, like Dale, tend to end up in the spec-fic arena more often than not.  Generally speaking, even when I try to go with the "just normal people doing normal things in normal life"...elements of fantasy end up being there. I get bored without them, I think, and that shows in the quality of the writing. At least in my opinion.
Kristopia

Reply with quote  #5 
I wrote a short story that is contemp fiction. Mostly I write spec fic (YA), but on occasion I deviate and just write a story about real life.
kevink

Reply with quote  #6 
I write contemporary fiction. No dragons or spaceships. Who needs them when the world is full of monsters and the craziest spacemen you'll ever meet are your neighbours.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,235 other followers

%d bloggers like this: