Forum

Author   Comment  
Rob Diaz

Reply with quote  #1 
It has taken me some time to be able to find a moment to put a formal introduction post out.  But here I am.  Rob Diaz, one of the founders of the Today's Author blog.  Like many folks who hang out around here, I've written on and off for as long as I can remember.  I have had several stories published and have had several stage plays produced.  I've also had several long periods in which I've written close to nothing at all.  It is what it is, but it can be frustrating to say the least!

I find inspiration in my organic, heirloom vegetable garden and in my kids -a nearly 17 year old daughter and a 13 year old son.  I'm a baseball coach for my son and a member of the field crew for my daughter's marching band.  I worked for Microsoft for 15 years and now am self-employed writing business financial reporting software.  It all adds up to being way too busy, that's for sure.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know more about our community members, and I hope these forums become busy, popular and helpful to all of us.
Kristopia

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Rob [smile]  Thanks to you and Dale for putting Today's Author together - and for the forum!  It's great to be able to talk with fellow writers in all stages of the process.
Lithakate

Reply with quote  #3 
It wouldn't be Today's Author without you Rob, LOL literally.  We're so grateful for what you and the others do to help us fledgling and high soaring writers. I always enjoy reading your posts and I forgive you for mentioning the "M" word [tongue] 

Reply with quote  #4 
The "M" word? You mean my former employer?  Despite how things transpired between them and me, I'm still a fan.
Lithakate

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Diaz
The "M" word? You mean my former employer?  Despite how things transpired between them and me, I'm still a fan.

LOL yes, your former employer. I can state with a passion, I hate, hate, hate, Windows 8. I'm a bear with a simple brain, give me back my Windows 7 [bawl]
I shoulda kept my old computer. Next time it's going to be a MAC

Reply with quote  #6 
Oh my. Well, did you take the windows 8.1 update? It made things a ton better. I mean, it can't be so bad as to switch to a mac (gasps!)!  I find those machines to be completely unusable.  But then again, I'm whatever a non fan-boy would be called when it comes to Apple products.  Can't stand them.  To each their own, though, eh?
Lithakate

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Diaz
Oh my. Well, did you take the windows 8.1 update? It made things a ton better. I mean, it can't be so bad as to switch to a mac (gasps!)!  I find those machines to be completely unusable.  But then again, I'm whatever a non fan-boy would be called when it comes to Apple products.  Can't stand them.  To each their own, though, eh?

Yep, I've got the Windows update. It's also helped since I disabled the touchpad and use a wireless mouse.  I ditched Windows mail and I'm using Mailbird. LOL yep, if I could afford to buy a MAC I would. But that will have to wait for a couple of years. I'd had a MAC previously (8 years ago) and loved it.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,235 other followers

%d bloggers like this: