Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Rob Diaz

Reply with quote  #1 
Good morning Today's Author Community!

I wanted to create a quick thread here to discuss the future with you, our members.  Basically, I'm looking for ideas about what *you* would like to see us write about in upcoming months on the Today's Author website.  We try to keep our topics relevant to technical topics like writing processes and techniques, personal journey topics in which we discuss our own struggles or successes in the writing world, and other writing-related topics such as

I believe it's always good to pause and see what our readers want to read more of. We're all in this together, after all, so we want to be sure we're meeting the needs of the community.

So please take a moment to make a suggestion for topics you'd like to see us address in future posts.  As always, we appreciate the time and passion for writing you share with us every day and hope to continue this journey with you for a long time to come as we all just keep writing...
Lithakate

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Rob,
Okay, I know mystery is a good thing, but when you say..."and other writing-related topics such as " you find me going, "Hmmm, umm, Rob...what topics would that be?" [smile]

The topics you cover on Today's Author are usually spot on. Occasionally there might be one that doesn't 'hit me in the eye with a cream pie,' but that's because it doesn't relate to where I am in my writing journey at the moment.

As for future posts, well for me personally, I think writing techniques and grammar are always a safe bet. Especially what to do with those pesky "passive voice" sentences spell check is always admonishing you about. It's not always easy to avoid the zombies, and Word's spell check always says something vague like: "Instead of: The garbage needs to be taken out. Consider: You need to take the garbage out."

The explanation does nothing to help with your sentence and leaves you more confused than ever. If like me, you didn't even finish junior high, you feel a bit like a deer caught in the headlights of a freight train.

On a side issue, I'm really surprised there haven't been more posts in the critique section. Most writers I know have trouble getting anyone to critique their work, or agree to be a beta reader for them, so this forum is a golden opportunity to get feedback. Maybe the critique forum needs to be pushed more. LOL I could post something there every day, but you'd soon get sick of me [crazy]
Cheers,
Lyn

Reply with quote  #3 
Sigh...this is what happens when I post topics when I am on a conference call at work and haven't had enough coffee...  Now I have to remember what I was actually thinking and go back to edit it.  Sorry for the confusion.

Lithakate

Reply with quote  #4 
Oh, poor Rob. I wish I could bring you a nice pot of percolated coffee. I figured you just left it blank so you could look something up and then add it in before you posted.

LOL not having enough coffee is the pits!

Reply with quote  #5 
Personally, I'd like to see critique and grammar help.  Also I like to hear about what inspires people to write and what helps keep folks motivated to write.

Andrew

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,235 other followers

%d bloggers like this: